Body Odour And Excessive Sweating
Problems and Treatment
Sweating is an important bodily function and is a body’s natural reaction to excessive heat, and helps to cool the body. However, in some people the sweat glands can go into overdrive.
Hyperhidrosis is a condition where abnormally excessive sweating takes place even without external heat or exercise taking place.
In the worst cases, some people can find their clothes drenched in sweat and even dripping from the plams of their hands.
While the condition is not harmful, it does cause people to have social anxiety and embarrassment.
To make matters worse, it provides a super-conducive environment for bacteria to thrive, and can cause issues with severe body odor.
At Anggun Aesthetic, we offer BTA injections to treat hyperhidrosis.
While BTA is more often used as a cosmetic procedure to reduce wrinkles, it is also a very effective treatment for focused hyperhidrosis treatments.
BTA injections at the affected areas can block the nerve signals responsible for sweating. This effectively stops the body’s sweat glands from producing too much sweat.
The treated areas are:
Procedure & duration
- A topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area before the BTA injections.
- The whole procedure not including consultation usually takes between 10-20 minutes, with no downtime.
- The procedure is effective for both hyperhidrosis as well as improves body odor issues significantly.
- The results last for more than a year for armpits, and around 6 months for palms and soles.
- Repeat treatments are required to maintain results.